1. Who are we?
The website www.allinsonsbread.co.uk (the “Site”) is owned and operated by Allied Bakeries, a division of ABF Grain Products Limited company number 00079590. Our registered address is Weston Centre, 10 Grosvenor Street, London W1K 4QY United Kingdom. Allied Bakeries is part of the Associated British Foods plc group of companies. References to "we", "our" or "us" in this privacy Statement mean Allied Bakeries.
This Privacy Statement sets out what will happen to information that you provide to us. By providing us with your information you agree that we may use your information in the ways set out in this Privacy Statement.
We may amend and update this privacy notice from time to time and new versions will be posted on our website www.allinsonsbread.co.uk.
1. What information do we collect about you?
When you visit our Site, we may collect and process the following information (“your information”) about you:
- information that you provide by filling in a form on the Site, such as your name, postal address, email address and telephone number. For example, you may be required to provide this information when you enter a competition or promotion which is operated via this Site;
- information concerning your visit to our Site such as traffic data, location data, and other communication data;
- information about your computer, including your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to enable us to identify trends. This is statistical data and does not identify any individual;
- any correspondence you send to us (whether by email or post or otherwise).
We are aware that your information may be confidential and we will protect the confidentiality of your information in accordance with our normal procedures and legal requirements.
2. How will we use your information?
- to customise the website according to your interests and to ensure the Site’s content is presented as effectively as possible for you;
- for our internal purposes such as quality control, site performance, system administration, internal record keeping and to evaluate use of the Site, so that we can provide you with enhanced services;
- to notify you about changes to our services;
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us, or which we feel may interest you (provided of course that you agree);
- to create reports to assist with future marketing;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts we enter into with you. For example, if you have entered any competitions or promotions, we will retain and use your personal information for the purpose of administering and notifying you of the results of that competition or promotion, including that we may share it with third parties that assist us with the fulfilment of any promotion;
- if you complete any surveys, we may use that information for research purposes; and
- to enable you to participate in interactive features of our site, when you choose to do so.
We will use the information we hold about you:
We will only keep your information for as long as is necessary.
3. Cookies on the Site
Our Site uses “cookies” to collect the information referred to and track your use of our Site.
3.1. What are cookies?
A cookie is a data file, which often includes a unique identifier, that is sent to your browser (if your browser preferences allow it) which is then stored on the hard drive of the device you are using to browse the website.
- to analyse the use of our website by, for example, recognising and counting the number of visitors and how they move around our website. This helps us to see what parts of the site are popular and which sections need improving to make the experience better for users;
- to record your visit to our website and the pages you have visited and links you have followed. We will use this to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests.
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the table below:
Cookie Name/ID: Session
Lifespan: 1 year
Purpose: Provides a level of persistence across a single visit to our site. Used to store options/settings selected on certain pages.
Cookie Name/ID: Accepted-cookie
Lifespan: 1 year
Purpose: Remembers whether a visitor has previously been shown our cookie notification popup so it doesn't have to be shown on repeat visits.
Cookie Name/ID: XSRF-TOKEN
Lifespan: Until browser close
Purpose: Security cookie used to store a unique token per visitor which is used to verify the origin of data sent to us through forms on this website e.g. our contact form.
Cookie Name/ID: _ga and _gat (Google Analytics)
Lifespan: 2 Years
Purpose: We use Google Analytics to keep track of the number of visitors to our website and gain insight into their behaviour. In order to do this, Google Analytics installs a couple of cookies to collect data. www.google.com/policies/privacy/, which may change regularly, explains what Google does with the personal information they may gather with this cookie.
3.2. How to control and delete cookies
If you wish to restrict or block the cookies which are set on this website (or, indeed, on any other website) you can do this through your browser settings. The “Help” function within your browser should tell you how. Alternatively, you may wish to visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org/ which contains comprehensive information on how to do this on a wide variety of browsers. You will also find details on how to delete cookies from your computer, as well as more general information about cookies.
Please be aware that restricting cookies may mean that you will not be able to take full advantage of all the features or services available on this website.
We will only use your information for marketing purposes where you have given your consent. You may ask us at any time not to use your information for marketing purposes by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Where do we transfer your information to?
We will not transfer your information to, or store it, outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”).
6. Who do we share your information with?
We may share your personal information with other companies in the Associated British Foods plc group of companies but we will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to any other third parties unless:
- we have your permission;
- the third party helps us to provide our products or services to you;
- in connection with the sale of a business or its assets.
7. How do we keep you information secure?
All your information is stored on our secure servers. Please also see our Terms and Conditions of Use at www.allinsonsbread.co.uk/terms.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will apply our normal procedures and comply with legal requirements to protect your information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to our site and any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Our site may from time to time contain links to and from other websites. If you follow a link to any of those sites, please note that those sites ought to have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for those sites or for their privacy policies.
Please check those privacy policies before you submit your information to those sites. Please also see our Terms and Conditions of Use www.allinsonsbread.co.uk/terms-conditions for further provisions relating to other websites.
8. How to contact us
Requests to provide you with the personal information we hold about you should be sent to the address set out above. Please note that we make a small charge of £10.00 for providing this information.
Issue Date: [06/01/2017]