Sweet Chilli Pickle:
- 1 medium carrot peeled and very finely chopped
- 1 tbsp of finely chopped green part of the spring onion
- 3 inches of a cucumber, peeled, de-seeded and very finely chopped
- 1 finger length, medium-hot, red chilli, very finely diced
- 75 ml rice or white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp of white sugar
- Pinch of salt (optional)
- 3 slices of Allinson’s Scandalous Seeds Bread
- 225g of sustainable raw king prawns (drained well if from frozen)
- 1 small fresh egg white
- 2 tsp Japanese soya sauce
- 2 tbsp white part of a spring onion, roughly chopped
- 1 small thumb of ginger, finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, finely sliced
- 1 tsp rice or corn flour
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 tsp sesame oil
- 30g sesame seeds
- Splash of hot chilli sauce (optional)
- For the sweet chilli pickle, chop the vegetables and drop them into the vinegar with the sugar and salt. Stir together well until the sugar is dissolved. Leave to one side.
- For the toast topping, in a food processor combine all the ingredients, except the bread, chilli sauce and sesame seeds.
- Blitz until totally smooth.
- If using, spread some chilli sauce over of the 3 slices of bread right to the edges.
- Divide the prawn mix over each slice and spread to the edges leaving the prawn mix thicker in the middle.
- Tip the sesame seeds onto a tray then lay each slice, prawn side down, into them. Make sure the prawn mix is totally covered in sesame seeds.
- Heat half an inch of oil in a shallow frying pan or otherwise turn your deep fat fryer onto 160C.
- Fry the sesame toast, bread side first for 3 minutes or so or until golden brown and crispy.
- Carefully flip it over and cook the same for the prawn side.
- Drain on kitchen paper.
- Slice on the diagonal in four.
- Take a teaspoon of the sweet chilli pickle and place over the sesame side of the toast and enjoy.