This classic club sandwich entices with the perfect balance of
smoky chargrilled chicken, sweetness and zest.
Ingredients for the lime chicken
- The juice and zest of a lime
- A small handful of chopped Italian flat leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon runny honey
- A little black pepper
- 2 medium chicken breast fillets, cut in half longways
- 6 slices of Allinson’s 10 Seeds & Grains cob
- 2 tablespoons chilli mayo
- 1 avocado, stone removed and sliced
- 1 little gem lettuce, trimmed
- 1 large vine ripened tomato
Method for the marinade
- Whisk lime juice and zest, flat leaf parsley, Dijon mustard, olive oil, honey and pepper together in a bowl.
- Place the half chicken breasts between two sheets of baking parchment and pound to an even thickness, about ½-inch thick.
- Place the chicken in the marinade, cover and refrigerate for two hours.
- Preheat a griddle pan or grill to medium heat.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and grill for 4-5 minutes on both sides, or until cooked through.
- Remove from the pan and slice.
- Lightly toast the bread slices on both sides and spread with a little chilli mayo.
- Top a slice of toasted bread with seasoned chicken slices, avocado, lettuce, tomato, a slice of toasted bread, more chicken slices, avocado, tomato and the remaining slice of toasted bread.
- Cut in half and secure with a cocktail stick to serve