A serious roast beef sandwich accompanied by an assortment of delicious vegetable chips.
Ingredients for the vegetable chips
- 1 carrot, washed and cut into large matchsticks
- 1 large raw beetroot, washed and cut into large matchsticks
- 1 parsnip, washed and cut into large matchsticks
- Low calorie spray olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 4 slices of Allinson’s The Serious White with Sourdough bread
- 2 thick slices of rare roast beef
- 1 large vine ripened tomato, sliced
- 1 avocado, peeled, stone removed and sliced
- 2 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 little gem lettuce, core removed and finely sliced
- Black pepper to season
- Place a non-stick baking tray into a hot oven to heat 200°C / gas mark 6 / 180°C fan.
- Remove the hot tray from the oven, lay the vegetable chips onto it in a single layer and spray with oil, then sprinkle with Cajun seasoning and return to the oven for 15-20 minutes, turning occasionally, until golden and crisp.
- Leave to cool on a wire rack
- Meanwhile, spread Dijon mustard onto the bread and fill each sandwich with 2 slices of roast beef, the slices of tomato, avocado, radish and little gem lettuce. Season with black pepper.
- Cut the sandwiches in half and arrange onto a plate. Serve with the vegetable chips.