Grilled halloumi is such a robust, versatile
treat. Showcase it with the contrasting flavours of apple, beetroot and
- 60g reduced fat halloumi cheese, cut into 4 slices
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- A pinch paprika
- 4 slices of Allinson’s Honey & Wholemeal cob
- 2 tablespoons shop bought beetroot houmous
- 1 red apple, grated
- 2 ready cooked fresh baby beetroot, grated
- 1 handful baby salad leaves
- A tiny pinch of chopped mint
- Freshly cracked black pepper
1 tablespoon pomegranate seeds
- Brush the halloumi slices with olive oil and sprinkle with a little paprika.
- Heat a griddle pan and grill the cheese for a few minutes on both sides until crisp and golden.
- Remove the halloumi from the pan and rest on kitchen paper for a few minutes.
- Spread the bread with beetroot houmous and fill each sandwich with 2 slices of halloumi, grated apple and beetroot, baby salad leaves, a little chopped mint and a sprinkle of black pepper.
- Cut in half and sprinkle with pomegranate seeds to serve.